Welcome to the Self Care Boss Blog


 Welcome, 


     I am the Self Care Boss, writing to share experiences, inspiration, love, awareness and faith. I have been working on my fear of judgement for years and to be honest, sharing parts of my life after what I perceived as "failing" in life is the hardest thing I've tried to do. What started as a Instagram Blogging Habit, trying to share parts of my life that i am trying to grow in, turned into me wanting to have a safe safe for anyone wanting to find community through the purpose of evolving and taking responsibility for our lives. 
     Quick backstory, I was raised by my mom with 4 sisters, me being the oldest, and we grow up in a cult or a religious sect. I will get into my cult story soon, but long story short I grew up in an environment that I had to learn a lot of unhealthy coping skills and patterns that I've been able to recognize in my adulthood. I take full responsibility for any of my actions and have forgiven that version of me and continue to grieve for her as I grow into who I want to be. An affirmation that helps me with this is "Who i was is not an accurate description of who I am" This affirms me when I feel, feelings of shame and guilt of the past, and instead acknowledge who I am today and the experiences and lessons that brought me here to the present to move into my future. As I grow, I realized the effects the cult had on my mental and how it instilled fears that encouraged me to shrink who I am in order to be accepted or approved. Chasing the validation on my mom and the cult system left me empty and constantly trying to fulfill some kind of achievement or success for the recognition of the people I once valued over myself. 
       So, as I blog understand this is my journey, my road to finding happiness and peace. I will be sharing a lot of personal things that may be uncomfortable to hear or may be hard to understand and I encourage you to wisdom within you to discern whether or not you can continue reading or engaging with the Content provided. I respect it either way. I hope you find the silver linings, obtain wisdom and inspirations, and relatable content, that you may join in and share your own story. Your testimony may be someone's life line, it's bigger than me and you. Sometimes showing the depths of you pain and how you are continuing to move forward and overcome can be someone's reason to move forward. 
       Also, understand that this blog will not be all serious or doom and gloom, I promise. I think that if you're not able to laugh at some of the things you've done or said or been, you probably haven't lived. This is a judgement free zone and any hate speech will not be tolerated. Read, write, comment, build community, and share those are my only requirements for this blog. I will be highlighting a lot of creators and bloggers, and writers on here for a collaborative approach so, stay tuned for that. 

Until we write again, 
Self Care Boss 
      

Comments